Instructions for novice dog owners
With the advent of a puppy in your home, your life will change forever. But how it will change will depend only on you. It is you who are the main and responsible for the new family member, for his relationship with you, for his conditions of maintenance, his health, his way of life ... But don't be afraid, in fact, everything is much easier if you know what to do, how, why and what for.
The main questions that you need to find an answer immediately after the puppy in your house. And better - before.
1. Place. What it will be and where. In order to determine the optimal place for a dog, it is important to understand that its place is its house. A place that from the first day will be associated with something permanent, personal, and only belonging to it, safe, where it can retire and sleep. It is desirable that this was not a place that every time someone passes by will be touched by one of the household members. The task is no less responsible than the choice of a place for a child’s bed. It should be warm, without drafts. The softer and cozier the place, the more willing the puppy will spend time there.
2. Walking Consider in advance the routes and places where you can safely walk with the dog. Ideally - to find a place where you can walk with the dog for a long time and actively. An important part of walks is taking off excrement after your dog. Think over in advance how you will solve this question. Fortunately, problems with the purchase of special bags today do not exist.
3. Veterinarian, vetpasport, vaccinations, processing. If your puppy is from a good kennel, then it will come to you already with primary vaccinations, documents and further instructions on vaccination, treatments and examinations. If not, the first thing you need to contact your veterinarian, who will tell you all the nuances, schedule and rules of treatments and vaccinations, will tell you how and where to get a veterinary passport. Also he will help you to evaluate the current state of your new family member.
4. Socialization and education. Carefully study the market of canine services, conduct a survey among your friends, visit different workouts of different dog trainers. Find the one that will suit you and your dog. And do not neglect the courses. Literate dog handlers are not only about teaching the dog commands, but also teach of mutual understanding with the animal, the ability to negotiate with him and interact comfortably, without spoiling the nerves to each other. The more educated the dog, the less problems.
5. Leash, collar, muzzle, toys and clothing. You can not do without. Only the muzzle can be skipped, if your dog is well educated in obedience. Always remember, that even small dog knows how to bite.
6. If you have a car, and you plan to ride with a dog, take care of the cleanliness of the cabin (various seat covers) and the safety of the dog in the car. Today, there are various fixtures and devices for your dog to drive safely in the car.
Despite the fact that we have left this point for last, it has a paramount importance.
Nutrition is the basis. With an unhealthy diet, no dog handler, veterinarian, collar with Swarovski or soft bedding will not make your pet's life full and happy
Ideally, in order to decide on nutrition - you need to consult with a veterinary nutritionist. But, as life shows, good specialists who are not biased by large producers of dry fodder are not so easy to find. And not every veterinarian - nutritionist.
Today the dog food market is full. If you go to any pet store, your eyes will run away from a variety of dry food, canned food and treats for dogs.
Therefore, to begin with, let's see what feeding is in essence.
Food is a complete balanced diet that meets the physiological needs of the animal. Balanced - it means containing all the necessary components, trace elements, nutrients. Food is a general concept. Not just "drying" for dogs.
The meat for dogs is a food. Hay for cows is food. Dry food is food. Natural Food For Dogs - is food.
Therefore: your choice is a complete, balanced feed that meets the needs of your pet.
The needs of the dog and how to choose food, starting from this.
Dogs are domesticated predators. In order to understand that potatoes and porridge are not their food, you should carefully examine the structure of their jaws and teeth. You can read about it here too. Therefore, natural dog food is raw meat.
In the modern world, there are several types of dog food:
1. Dry (drying for dogs)
2. Canned food (wet food)
Dry food and canned food are denatured food, whose components are heat treated at a temperature of 70 to 190 degrees. Even with the use of initially high-quality raw materials for the production of these types of feed, protein denaturation makes it biologically difficult. It is difficult to assimilate and requires additional efforts of the digestive tract. We should note as the convenience the long shelf life and ease of transportation.
Dehydrated and frozen (raw) - preserve the bioavailability of animal protein, respectively, the process of food digestion is easier and faster.
Do not forget that the assimilation of food also needs energy. The easier it absorbs, the less energy the body spends on the production of nutrients.
Classification of feed by the quality of custom products (raw materials)
The basis - of this is the cheapest raw materials. Categories 4D are sick animals, dying, carrion, old animals.
The middle class (normal) - contains a slightly better meat, and also contains a large number of dyes, flavor enhancers, fragrances.
These feeds contain a large amount of meat protein, vitamins, minerals. For their production is used higher quality meat. Eggs, cereals.
Premium feed - according to the standards, this feed contains a large amount of meat protein, vitamins, minerals. For their production is used higher quality meat. Also they may contain eggs, cereals.
Super Premium - differs from premium feed only in that it presents feeds in its lines that take into account the particular needs of dogs of various sizes, breeds, age and activity.
And, feed class Holistic - consist of all-natural ingredients, do not contain synthetic additives, flavors, flavor enhancers, dyes. They use raw materials of the same class as for people - Human Grade.
For reference: ZBF Food Feed - refers to frozen feed class Holistic.
Of course, the debate about which dog food is better - dry or natural, will continue for a long time. And everyone will find arguments in favor of their choice. But in this matter it is important to consider not only its convenience. Feeding a dog with natural products corresponds to its nature, satisfies its biological needs and brings its conditions of existence to natural (natural).
According to research, the lifespan of modern dogs has decreased by about 50% of their potential. Life expectancy depends globally on two factors: conditions of detention and genetics.
And if we cannot influence genetics in any way. To improve the conditions of detention is quite possible in each individual dog owner.
* Maintenance conditions - food, physical activity, living conditions.